Thursday, January 06, 2022

Thursday for the Retired Guy

 There is at least four inches of fresh snow on the ground and it is still snowing. I'm not heading out to snow blow until the snow quits. They don't expect the snow to stop for a while yet.

So I am hanging out here in my office area in the back bedroom and figuring out my day.

I guess I will get dressed and go out and take some pictures.

I did some preliminary clean up. Just enough to make a path to the garage and clear the front steps.

I measured the snow on the deck rail and it was five inches deep.

I just asked Alexa when the snow would end and it responded the snow would stop in about 15 minutes. It's still coming down at a good rate and I don't expect it to stop that soon. In fact, the flakes were pretty large when I was taking these pictures but they are much smaller right now.

To quote a bit of Native American wisdom, "Big Snow, Little Snow. Little Snow, Big Snow!"

To simplify, if the snow flakes falling are large, it's not going to snow very much. If they are small, look out.

Well, I'm looking out for now.

I was hoping that the new roof would eliminate this little problem we have every year. I'm going to have to knock this icicle down. But what I really need to do is remember what I did with the heat cable I took down and get it back up there.

It's been 20 minutes and the snow is still falling. However, now the flakes are really small.

3:54PM: I finally started snow blowing about 11:00 and I finished around 1:30. I think there was a good six inches on the ground. I had to take it slow and about 3/4 of a swath to blow efficiently.

My block is now safe.

No comments: