Sunday, June 05, 2022

Another Brisket

I'm going to cook another brisket today. This time I bought just the point. The roast is only 3 1/2 pounds so I think it is going to cook pretty fast...probably less than 5 hours.

I got the brisket on the grill at 12:25 and once the Meater program calculated the time to get to 170°, it indicated an hour and a half. Then I need to wrap it in aluminum and get it up to 205°. After that it needs to cool to 160° and then it will be ready to eat. Hopefully around 6PM.

I have discovered that the Meater lies. It starts out by giving you a time but as the cooking progresses, it does not recalculate. It slowly counted down to an hour and then it stayed there for quite a while. The actual cooking time to get to 170° was 3 hours. This is fine but I wanted a more accurate estimate of time.

The brisket cooked much quicker than I expected and it was quite tasty. Another successful cookout.

No comments: