Thursday, June 23, 2022

Kegerator

Today I took a road trip half way across the state to purchase a kegerator. I have been after one for years and I finally connected on a nice one for a reasonable price, $150.00. They can cost an easy grand and up for a new one.

Although the price of gas is as high as it is, I decided to make the trip. It cost me another $100.00 to pick it up, not to mention the better part of my day.

The guy that sold me the beer fridge lives in Orondo, a small town on the Columbia River about 15 miles north of Wenatchee. It was a nice day for a drive and it took almost three hours to get there.

I got it set up in the Carriage House for now. The next move is to brew some beer. I'm planning to do that soon.

In the meantime, I have a half keg of beer that has been sitting (unrefrigerated) in the basement. I hooked it up just to see the thing work. I got nothing but foam. 

After the foam dissipated, I took a small sip and was pleased to find the beer drinkable. I am currently in the process of adjusting the CO2 pressure to eliminate the foam. 

It is a work in progress. 

No comments: