Thursday, June 30, 2022

Cuckoo for Clocks

When Mom died last year, I inherited her Cuckoo Clock. She never had it running so I was surprised when I set it up and it ran beautifully.

Susan also had a clock that had been a gift from a German Exchange Student who lived with her family when she was growing up. It has been sitting in a cabinet in pieces since we got married. I took it to my local clock guy and he put it all back together.

Mom's clock is upstairs on the landing and Susan's clock is in the living room. They can both be heard throughout the house. One of my jobs every morning is to wind the clocks (the weights keep the clock going for one day) and keep them ticking. 

I have become a little anal about getting them to Cuckoo as close together as possible. At the present moment, they are right on!   

No comments: