Thursday, November 24, 2022

Thanksgiving 2022

The Wednesday night before Thanksgiving has always been one of Susan's favorite nights to go out. You have Thanksgiving to look forward to and four days off from work. 

So last night we went out with Ron, Kelly and Mark to the Red Lion, which has recently re-opened under new owners.

Although it was nice to get out with friends, the night did not have the usual luster we remember. We concluded it was because we are retired now and every day is a day off.

On our way home, we started talking about Thanksgiving last year and what we did. Neither of us can remember. I looked back at this Blog to see what we did and I got no clue.

So this year, I'm going to make sure we have a record of the holiday.

We are hosting 11 peoples tonight. Along with Susan and I, there will be my son, Scott, his girlfriend Erica and her three kids, our friends Randy and Karen, and Scott's old boss, Drew and his girlfriend.

We have a ton of food planned. Susan is putting the turkey in the oven shortly and I'll be throwing a salmon on the grill. Karen is bringing a bunch of sides and I think it very possible that we won't run out of food.

I shall take lots of pictures and post a few of them here in just the next few paragraphs. In the meantime, I've got some work to do.



I'm afraid that's all I got for pictures. 

3:00PM: I am about to put the fish on the grill. It been heating up for 20 minutes and ready for fishy goodness.

7:00PM: Unfortunately, it didn't work out quite the way I planned. The charcoal I used would not light. I've had problems with this charcoal before and bought good ol' Kingsford Charcoal that I used up over the course of the summer.

Anyway, we made it work with a final shot in the microwave.

Everyone enjoyed a bunch of food, I met Erica's children and have a couple of questions about the two year old...whose favorite word appears to be "No!"

No comments: