Saturday, December 10, 2022

Another Snowy Day.

8:01AM: The snow was forecasted to start falling around 3:00AM. It was coming down strong at 6 and continues now just after 8:00. My weather app says it’s going to turn to rain soon. That means I need to get out there and get my area blown before the snow gets too heavy. The question is how long do I wait.

I don’t an exact number yet but I think we have over a foot of snow on the ground. I’ll get an accurate reading off my Weather Table some time today.

As I look outside now, it seems that the snow is turning to rain. I guess the time is NOW!

8:17AM: I have my official snow depth report.
You can see I have a yardstick placed in the middle of the snow in the Weather Table. It measures 11 1/2 inches. Okay, time to blow!

10:25AM: The snow blowing is complete. I did it at just the right time. It was snowing when I started but had turned to rain about half way through. I’m glad I have kept on top of it.

11:13PM: It rained off and on all the rest of the day. I'm glad I got my snow blowing out of the way because we were engaged in many activities pretty much the whole day after.

We went downtown with Randy and Karen to see the Christmas Tree Elegance show at the Davenport. It's a fund raiser for the Spokane Symphony that has become a tradition for us. We purchase tickets and deposit them into bins associated with a tree display. One was giving away a motorcycle. Others included gifts and cash. 

I've never known anyone who won one of these drawings but I'm hoping we will be so drawn upon. Note: We did not win.

The drawings are tomorrow.

After that, we spent the afternoon at V du V Winery. It's owned by a friend and he has hired us to help out in the tasting room when he is out of town, which he is. Today, we sold three bottles of wine. We're making John rich!

No comments: