Thursday, January 26, 2023

Prep Day

We are trying to get things in order for our big day of destruction tomorrow.

Susan is packing up the remaining plates, cups, pots and pans and all the assorted cooking equipment we have acquired over the last 20 years.

I made a small hole in the Laundry Room ceiling to get an idea of what's up there. I had Susan tap on the floor with a hammer while I went to the basement and did my best approximation of where the tapping was. I'm happy to say I was pretty close.

I still have a lot of hand sawing to do to remove a good long run of drywalled ceiling. The hope is that run will give me access to do some wiring and the ducting for the down draft fan we just purchased.

Later: I have just come up from the crawl space under the kitchen. I have the shopvac in there and I'm trying to clean up all the cobwebs and lint that have had free reign for...you guessed it, 20 years.

I'm heading out right now to the General Store to buy a new dryer hose. I touched the old one trying to move some sheets of lint around and it crumbled.

More Later: Okay, I’m back and all is well in the crawl space. Along with a shopvac full of lint, I gathered another five gallon bucket full of lint...one might say, 20 years of lint.

I could probably go back for more but I think I have the crawl space sufficiently cleaned out.

I think I shall end my day with a visit to the hot tub.

Much More Laterer: After the hot tub for me and a nap for Susan, we rallied and went down to our neighbors house for Thirsty Thursday. We had a great time talking with our neighbors and getting caught up on all the gossip.

One of the main reasons I like to go to Thirsty Thursday is to avoid being the subject of the gossip.


No comments: