Friday, January 13, 2023

Rain & Kitchen Remodeling Date

I am not sure how much rain we have received in the last few days. Not as bad as what they have been getting in California. Their three year drought has come to an end. At least until later this year when they say it's back. They've had lots of flooding and several weather related deaths. Still, we have had three days of pretty constant rain. WAIT! I'll go check my rain gage.

Well, how about that. Isn't that interesting. The gage is almost full. Unfortunately, I don't remember the last time I emptied the gage. However, it's not completely full so I'm guessing that a good portion of the measurement came in the last three days.

Anyway, the nearly 14 inches of snow we had on the ground is all but gone. My snow stake is just about kaput.

Fortunately, the moisture has been falling in the mountains as snow so Mt. Spokane is still doing great. Although it looked like it was raining up there this morning.

So that is my very confusing weather update for the day.

February Second is the day slated for the plumber to come and start laying the drain line for the new sink in the kitchen. That gives us three weeks to get the cabinets out of the way.

We have decided that we will start with cabinet removal in the pantry on Monday.

So I am a little nervous because this means it is about to happen. The thing that makes me nervous is our history with past projects. One bathroom took three years. The other bathroom took two years. If we are without a kitchen for an extended period of time, I'm going to have a very unhappy wife.



No comments: