Tuesday, February 28, 2023

Another Snow Storm

We had a nice little dusting of snow on Sunday. It was enough to run the snow blower, but just barely.

This morning, I woke up to another five inches of light fluffy whiteness. 

I know that picture above is a little dark but trust me when I say it shows a good solid five inches of snow.

I have been out and started to get ready for a blow. However, it is still snowing. It’s pretty light right now. I’m not sure how much more is on the way. My weather apps show there might but more snow in about an hour but no indication of how much.

I’m heading out now to blow. I’m not sure if I’m going to cover my whole area of responsibility or just the driveway and sidewalks.

I suspect I’ll do it all.

1 Hour, 55 Minutes Later: I did it all! I am beat. Barely have the strength to type. I’ll be back shortly.

1 Hour Later, 11:25AM: Okay, I am refreshed. I shall continue.

It appears the snow is done for awhile and I’m glad I got out when I did to get the snow blowing completed.

As I said, I did everything. The snow was deep enough and heavy enough that I had to go pretty slow and sometimes take only half a swath of snow.

So, I did the driveway, the alley, and the sidewalk for most of the block. it took almost 2 hours. But now it's done and I'm ready to face the rest of the day.

Yesterday, I completed the drywalling for most of the kitchen. I have a couple of places that I still need to do some repair work on. And I haven't finished the floor yet.

I'm waiting for a call from Craig at Anderson Sheet Metal to arrange an appointment to look at my ducting problem.

Susan is painting the window in the pantry as I write this. It's a big step forward but we still have five more windows to strip.

Tomorrow is a ski day so nothing will happen from me. I best try to be as productive as I can today.



No comments: