Saturday, February 11, 2023

Workin’ on the Weekend

I haven’t been posting but that doesn’t mean we haven’t been working. Except for a Ski Day on Thursday, we have been making progress.

We made really good progress on Wednesday when Jerry was here. We created chase ways to run wire for all the outlets and switches we want.

We are adding a sub panel below the main panel because it is just too full. We’ve made lots of accommodations to separate some circuit and reduce the load.

The one that had me concerned was moving the light switch in the Pantry to the other side if the Dining Room door. I ran the wire yesterday through the holes we drilled and it is hooked up and working  like it should.

I also ran wire for the dedicated microwave outlet and more wire to reduce the load on the outlets on the southeast corner of the kitchen.

Today I kicked ass on the old drain pipe shown above that was at one time the drain for the sink in the original kitchen. It’s hard to believe that the pantry area was once a kitchen. It's so tiny.

I hammered this 2x4 into place between the wall studs to create a brace for the vent pipe to sit on. I know it’s not very pretty but nobody but you is ever going to see it again.

We have to run out and get some caps for those two cut pipes and then I can patch the wall.

I think I’m going to spend the rest of the day cutting up an old cabinet for more fire wood.

It’s still winter here.

No comments: