Monday, February 20, 2023

Remodel Remodel Remodel

I am surprised to discover I haven't posted lately. I guess we have been making so much progress that I haven't had time to write.

Most of the electrical work is complete. We have a new sub panel and a bunch of new circuits.

Susan continues to work on stripping the many layers of paint off the windows. She has about 25 hours into the window in the pantry. She has been working with heat guns and strippers and scrappers. She went out yesterday and bought a new heat gun at Harbor Freight. It has made all the difference and she says she will never strip paint with anything but a heat gun.

I've been working on closing up the floor. I'm getting there but it's slow. I think I have figured out how to deal with the venting for our down draft fan. I'll know more in the coming days. 

Once I've finished the floor, we can finish drywalling and get the mudding and taping accomplished. At that point, we should be ready to start installing cabinets.

I don't think we're going to make our one month deadline. It's okay. We're not suffering that badly with our makeshift kitchen arrangement.   

No comments: