Saturday, May 20, 2023

Breaking In An Oven

Tonight we fired up the oven and cooked some chicken. Everything seemed to work as it should and we are starting to figure out the particulars of this new oven...at least, new to us.

Today was a long day for both of us. Susuan was at church for most of the day helping with the Church Basement Sale. 

I was at a neighborhood event directing traffic at a free Dump Day. I think I said this the last time I worked a dump day, but I have never seen so many unwanted mattresses. We filled nine 8 yard dumpsters with garbage, one with yard debris and two with metal stuff. A lot of bikes, barbecues and washers.

We had planned to go to the Lilac Parade tonight but were so wiped out, we stayed home and watched it on TV.

The high temperature today was 89, which broke a record. I did not take any sun screen with me and am paying for it now.   

No comments: