Tuesday, May 02, 2023

Cabinets and Terrible Phone Support

I am finally writing from the comfort of my own house. I've had to go to Starbuck's the last few days in order to keep up in my e-mail, of which there was A LOT!

I finally called Century Link about noon because I wanted to be sure I was still on the schedule for a Technician to come by.

Since it was a weekday, I actually got to talk to a live person. His name was Ernest.

Ernest had me go up to the router and reset it, which of course did nothing. He asked me for some numbers off the router and suddenly, the red blinking light changed to green and we had internet back.

The system did a complete reset which changed my internet name and the password. But it is all back now.

I asked Ernest to cancel the technician and he said he showed no record of a technician being scheduled for us.

I'm a bit upset with myself for being upset about no internet. I have always said I do not want to be attached to my phone and I really don't want to be attached to e-mail or the web itself. But dammit, I am.

In Cabinet News, I have done my homework that Shaun had me do as has Susan. We can now relax until Shaun shows up.

6:49PM: Shaun called and is not going to make it. I'm not going to complain because he is doing us a favor by helping and I want to do it right.

We might have a problem with our water heater. It does not appear to be heating anymore. Susan discovered the problem this afternoon. I'm not sure what to do about it yet. It's not a disaster because this house came with three water heaters. One of them started leaking and we just pulled it from the system.

Anyway, something else to keep an eye on.

   

No comments: