Monday, May 29, 2023

Memorial Monday

We had Shaun for four hours today and we made the most of it.

I started work yesterday to remove this cabinet. We have a full size one taking it's place so this one must go.

We keep a lot of stuff in this cabinet. But once I cleaned it out, I was amazed at how much stuff that was in there that we never use.
What are we going to do with all these locks? You would think we were Fort Knox...or a prison.

As I began, my goal was to remove it intact so I could hang it in the garage or someplace. It soon became clear that it was not coming out in one piece.

You may be able to see in the picture above that the cabinet is inset in the wall by about two inches.

So, I pulled out the Sawzall and went to work.



It didn't take too long and I don't think I caused too much damage to the wall in the course of removing the cabinet.

I had everything set up so when Shaun got here, it didn't take us too long to install the new cabinet.

Nice, huh?!

We also got the second pantry cabinet cut down to the proper depth, so we will be getting those cabinets screwed in next.

So that's how we spent our Memorial Weekend.

No comments: