Friday, May 26, 2023

Deck Work

We have been spending the last couple of days working on the railing on our back deck. It has been 5 years since we painted and it needs it. We are kind of under the gun because we want to get it painted before the arbor posts and covered with hops and grape vines.

Shaun has been helping us with kitchen stuff during the evening so we are free during the day to scrape the railing. In addition, I have replaced a post and four rail posts that have pretty much rotted away.

Presently, I am watching the tail end of a deluge we just experienced. I will go out and check my rain gauge shortly but I can tell you that both of my 50 gallon rain barrels are overflowing.

It’s the start of the Memorial Day Weekend so I’m sure this isn’t sitting well with all the people heading to the campgrounds. We don’t have anywhere to go other than the Hub, so it’s no big deal to us.

Okay, I just checked my rain gauge and it was only up to a quarter inch. I’ll have to wait and see what the weather service says. The way it was coming down, it felt like a good couple of inches fell. But, that’s why I put up a rain gauge.

No comments: