Friday, October 20, 2023

Friday Projects

I think the Boiler Game is going to end next week. It’s possible we could set a new record but the extended weather forecast makes that possibility seem distant. 

In any event, the weather we have been having has been awesome. The high for today is expected to be in the 70’s.

I have two projects for today. The first is to get all my baseboards and door trim stained. The second is to build a rack in the garage where I can store all the trim and baseboards. 

The baseboards and trim can’t be installed until Susan finishes her work on the walls. That includes paint and wall paper.

But first, she has to finish the window she’s been working on. She has also been doing some plastering around the doors where the old trim was. This new trim compliments the trim in the rest of the main floor and is a bit thinner than the stuff we’re replacing.

This is where I plan to put the rack.

It’s not going to be anything fancy. Just a 2x4 with a 45 degree support.

Like that!

I should point out that I adjusted the placement of the rack. After looking at the area I picked, I decided it would be better to have them further back in the garage. I had better access to the studs.

Anyway, there is another project out of the way. 

I’ve got the trim I stained sitting out in the sun and I’m going to let them enjoy a little sunbath. So for now, I’ve got nothing to do.

Unfortunately, Susan will find something.

Later: What a dumbass!

I just went out to hang the trim boards on my new rack. It’s too far apart. I’m going to fix it by adding a middle brace.

But really, what a dumbass!

No comments: