Tuesday, October 31, 2023

Halloween 2023

This is our 19th Halloween on Corbin Park.

Today Susan is preparing a bunch of food for tonight and we have to get all our scary displays out on the front lawn. I expect to see our first Trick or Treaters around 4:30. That's when the real little kids start showing up.

It's just after ten now so this post will be a progressive account of the happenings of the day.  

4:00PM: Putting all the displays together went very smoothly today. By the time that Randy and Bob showed up at 1:00, we had a lot of the stuff in place.

There are so many little details that I forget about. Fortunately, Susan knows where everything goes.






10:32PM: The night is over and I am exhausted. Susan as well. I don’t have an exact number yet. It’s somewhere between 1,100 and 1,800. I’ll find out soon enough. 

We extend our sincere thanks to Randy, Bob, Mark, Ellen, Kelly, Kyle and Crystal who helped us pull this thing off.

Susan and I need to have a serious conversation about the future of our Halloween decorating. We’re getting old and this is getting harder and harder.  

No comments: