Tuesday, September 12, 2006

S.M.C.M.

We are hosting a Retirement Party for one of Susan's friends on Friday. That has put Susan into Serious Manic Cleaning Mode. Therefore, we are not getting much done with anything to do with Home Improvement...unless you consider Serious Manic Cleaning Mode as a Home Improvement. I believe Susan does. In fact, I think most women do.

It is nice to see the Landing getting cleaned up a bit. It has been a Bombed Out Construction Zone for so long, it is refreshing to see it tidy. Tonight, we scraped away the plaster that we have been slopping on the floor and the stairs and the walls and the cats and each other for the last few weeks. I can look at the newly scrubbed area and see a light at the end of our long tunnel.

So anyway, we won't be doing much on the house until after this party. I still have two and a half more days of S.M.C.M. to deal with.

This is when I am thankful that it's a big house. . .with lots of places to hide.

No comments: