Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Summer is Over

The Labor Day Weekend has come and gone. Susan and I had a great three day weekend. We accomplished a lot on the house and we got to enjoy some of the festivities going on around Spokane.

We did not get to paint as we had hoped. We finished up the plastering that we had to do. Susan has one more coat of topping to do on the areas she was working on.

I was working on a couple of trouble spots that keep developing cracks. I had to tear out a big section of plaster, right down to the lath. Then I placed a piece of drywall into the space and covered it with plaster. I used hot mud for this part of the project. I had never used it before and I wanted to have some experience with it. It dried in 20 minutes. It was really fast

It's hard to sand afterwards but I didn't really need to do much sanding as this was just a filler coat to fill the hole with the drywall in it..

I have to do another coat with all purpose plaster and then I can begin my topping coats to finish it off. Then we should be ready for painting...perhaps next Sunday!

For the Entertainment portion of the Holiday weekend, we went down to Riverfront Park on Sunday to enjoy some food and music at Pig Out in the Park. The featured band was the Grass Roots. The sound was terrible. It was not near loud enough. And waaaay too many people were talking waaaay too loud. But, I got to hear "Midnight Confessions" so I'm happy.

Last night, we went to Comstock Park for the Annual Labor Day Concert by the Spokane Symphony. We always pack a picnic dinner and take lots o'wine. It was a beautiful, warm night. The music was fabulous. It was a great way to unofficially end Summer

No comments: