Thursday, May 31, 2007

5,000 Words Lost Forever

I left my camera at work last night so I was unable to photograph any of the progress we made towards finishing the landing and bedroom. I mean, if a picture is worth a thousand words and I could have taken just four or five crummy little pictures last night, I wouldn't have to be writing all this stuff now.

Actually, we didn't make that much progress last night. In order to complete this project in a timely manner, we are now on a schedule. Also, we really want this to be done and getting to this point, it's exciting to realize we are almost home.

I am hoping to have the first coat of Polyeurothane on the floor by Sunday night. In order for that to happen, a tightly choreographed series of events must take place at just the right time.

Last night, I did some minor repairs to a couple places on the floor. Susan did some touch up painting. We also decided that if we are going to put up Crown Moulding in the Landing area, it would be best to do it now while the floor is still un-stained. So, I painted the Crown Moulding out on the front porch and brought it in this morning. I'm having Phil install it this afternoon.

I'm renting the sander on my way home from work tonight and will do the final sanding. Then we have to get everything cleaned back up and ready for the staining.

This would have been so much better with pictures.

No comments: