Friday, May 18, 2007

A Friday in May

This entry is going to be a progressive kind of affair. I have taken the day off of work in order to accomplish some tasks around the house.

I have already gotten up and got in a two mile run around the park. In a moment, I shall shower and then begin the day in earnest.

We shall start with a series of pictures of the landing.

The picture at bottom is what we accomplished last night. It looks like it is going to need at least one other coat, but it looks pretty good.

Okay on to the next task.

5:32PM I managed to make three trips out to the dump today. While I am happy with the amount of crap I hauled away, I still have a ton of crap to remove. And I think a ton is an actual factual amount. I have a lot of clean up work yet to do with this little area at the back corner of our property. It seems the previous owner has used it to dump leaves and grass clippings for a loooooooong time. As a result, there is a very nice composted mulch back there that is littered with chestnuts from the yard. It's going to take me a while to get it all out of there.

Once again, I have bitten into a project that is a LOT more to chew than originally anticipated.

I think I'll go make some beer.

No comments: