Thursday, May 24, 2007

Painting Change Order

Well, I had the first coat up on about three quarters of the landing when Susan decided that she didn't like the color. It was too yellow. We bought the paint several months ago and before we started, Susan thought it was too light. So we trundled it back to "the Depot" and had them re-tint it.

Once she realized that it was now too yellow, we decided that we will buy a new bucket and start over. That's much cheaper than having her agonize over the color being wrong for the next several months until she decides to change it.

So, we went to work putting up Cincinnatian Hotel Dominica, which is a much lighter, mellower yellow, as you can see in the picture above.

Last night, I had to do some of the edging in the stairway. That requires getting waaaaay up high on the ladder in very precarious positions. I got all my edges painted when Susan realized that I had grabbed the wrong paint. She had poured a small container of the Way-Too-Yellow paint and I thought it was all the new paint.

I thought it was going down kind of dark but I just figured it would match up when it dried.

The Comedy of Errors continues.

No comments: