Monday, May 28, 2007

Knee Deep in Sanding

We spent Saturday prepping everything for the arrival of the big floor sander. I rented an edge sander and finished all the edges. Below is a picture of the Alto-Clarke SR-7 Edge Sander and an example of what it does. I had to finish off that little corner piece with my belt sander.



I went to Home Depot bright and early on Sunday and got the sander. My friend Mark accompanied me because he just refinished his floors last year and was familiar with what we needed to get and do.

We ended up returning the sander almost immediately because we couldn't get it to start. It had a short or something in the electrical system. When we got it back to the Depot, it ran fine. The guy suggested that it might be a power problem on my end. I told him I had new wiring with 20 amp breakers which he agreed should be okay.

We swapped out sanders, he re-set the time, and we were off again. This time, the sander operated within normal operational sanding protocols.

So, our early start and subsequent stalls had me sanding the floors by 1:00PM.

We realized almost immediately that we would have to put down some stripper first to get the best result.

Susan dashed to the Depot while Mark and I continued working.

As of today, the bedroom is entirely stripped and ready for sanding. We are all very sore. Susan and Mark will continue stripping the remaining portion of the floors while I rip into the sander.

We hope to have everything sanded by the end of the day.

Well, enough of this blogging. I have work to do.

No comments: