Thursday, September 18, 2008

Out with the Skunks, In with the Hedge Toads

Something else has moved under the Carriage House. I blocked the openings last night and they were opened up this morning. I assume it is a skunk since that's what I had under there before. But, it could be raccoons, rabbits, weasels, weavals, feral cats, or Hedge Toads. Whatever it is, it was not attracted to either of the two traps I set last night. Of course, I don't think Hedge Toads would be interested in cat food.

I'll just keep setting the traps until I get something.

In the meantime, we are proceeding with plans to put down paver bricks in the area of the skunk holes. Whatever is under there has a few days left before we start blocking them in. That should smell flagrantly fragrant, a decomposing family of dead Hedge Toads.

No comments: