Saturday, February 14, 2009

Happy Valentine's Day

Many people will be surprised and totally caught off guard to learn that today is Valentine's Day. We call these people "Men".

I have been pro-active in the whole Valentine's thing because I realized early in my marriage that, despite what a woman may tell you, Valentine's Day is very important and you better not blow it.

I have done many little things around the house this week as part of my Valentine's gifting. I installed a light that shold have been installed a loooooooooong time ago.

I cleaned my closet. That was long overdue.

I bought two dozen roses to be delivered to her at work with a cheesy poem.

And last night, we went to dinner at the Cedars Floating Restaurant.

So while I have successfully fulfilled my Valen-duties, I must say that Susan out did me in the gifts department. She made me some little Valentine's Cakes, she bought me cigars, as well as some Hershey's Hugs and Kisses, and she had an old watch that was my grandfather's repaired. That was perhaps the best and most thoughtful gift.

I'll have to try better next year.

No comments: