Thursday, February 19, 2009

Sanding Continues...Sort of

I didn't do very much sanding tonight because I had to perform a meticulous search of each and every step for hidden staples, nails and foreign metal objects. It took the bulk of my time to get this accomplished and it was a necessary task to get out of the way. I severely damaged a couple of perfectly good sanding pads last night because of contact with foreign metal matter causing rips in the sand paper.

I also found more trim to remove that I had not previously considered for removal because I did not see it. Trim can hide in the most unexpected of places. It's as if they purposely stuck it in all sorts of nooks and crannies. Nooks aren't so bad but the crannies are very difficult to get the trim out of.

Anyway, I only used two more pieces of sand paper tonight. Many more to come.

No comments: