Thursday, February 26, 2009

More Sanding and Snow Pole Update

I am going to be waaaaay off on my Snow Pole Prediction. Fortunately, there is no money involved so I'm not really out anything except my dignity, which went out the door a long time ago.
We have had nothing but rain for the last few days and all the snow I was hoping for in January and February has failed to materialize. I was so hoping to break our seasonal snowfall record this year but that is on the same trip with my dignity.
I guess I should concentrate on my other goal of getting the stairs sanded before St. Patty's Day. That seems more attainable, especially after my progress tonight. Both upper landings are cleared of stain and I will be moving on to more steps tomorrow. Now that I am not obsessed with bare wood, I am moving along quite nicely.

I was forced to stop tonight because I ran out of sand paper. It was not from lack of planning. It was from lack of purchasing the right sized belt for the belt sander. I have it correct now and will have the right stuff here for tomorrow's session.

I would like to write now of my impending senility. It's coming quicker than I had planned. I have had two recent episodes that left me wondering how much longer before I'm in diapers.

A few weeks ago I was installing a new light in the hallway. I went downstairs to my electrical supplies box to retrieve a switch. I quickly found one and proceeded to bring it upstairs to install it. Somewhere between the basement and the installation area, I lost the switch. I had it in my hand, got distracted by something, put it down and let it fall into an vortex that has not reappeared. I still haven't found it.

Tonight, I recieved my license tabs for the car in the mail. The tab was taped to the new registration paper. Almost as soon as I untaped the tab, I got distracted by something and placed them in the same vortex as the switch. I looked around the kitchen for 45 minutes trying to figure out what I did with the stupid little tab. It was not to be found and I could not for the life of me remember where I might have laid it. I went so far as looking for the number of the county registrar of lost tabs department so I could explain that I lost the tab in my Depends.

Fortunately, I had an epiphony which allowed me to locate the tab hidden on top of a cookbook with an uncanny resemblance to the back of the tab. I probably would not have found it had I not picked up the book to look under it.

Still, I'm sure my sanity is waning and it is only a matter of time before poor Susan will be feeding me and then shipping me off to a home. At that point, she will find the switch and put it away.

No comments: