Sunday, July 05, 2009

Independence Weekend Day "C"

We have arrived into the New Millennium. We now have Satellite TV. We have been limping along on basic cable and the recent upgrades to digital transmission has caused us to loose a lot of channels. So, we decided to try Direct TV.I am slowly learning of the joys of Digital Recording. We have one DVR with out package and I have already recorded a few shows. Tonight we will be watching "Burn After Reading". It's a recent offering from the Farely Brothers., whose past films include 'Raising Arizona", "Brother Where Art Thou" and Fargo. I always have to watch their movies a couple of times before I get them. I hated "The Big Labowski" the first time I saw it but now it is one of my favorites.

I get a daily e-mail feature from Meriam-Webster Dictionary called Word of the Day. It is my feeble attempt to improve my vocabulary by looking at new words every day and then forgetting them.
Yesterdays offering was very good because it was a word I had not heard before and the pronunciation was nothing like I expected it to be.
If I were to use invigilate in a sentence, someone might misconstrue my meaning. Ya know?!
We went downtown on bicycles last night to watch the fireworks but this year we were joined by our friends Ron and Kelly and then later joined by buddy Mark.
Ron and Kelly came over about 6:00 and we put Ron to work on the grill with his pork ribs and bar b-q sauce. He pretty much ruined my grill and the inside of my Webber. It will take some major heat to remove all the baked on goodness. Man, those ribs were goooooood!We rode down to the park about 9:00 and had great seats to watch the fun. Then we hopped back on the bikes and avoided the mayhem downtown with nary an problem.

Susan and I spent today on some projects around the house and enjoyed a quiet afternoon puttering.

Tomorrow it is back to reality. What a drag! Oh well, you can't appreciate the good without the reality.

No comments: