Wednesday, September 09, 2009

Back to Reality

The problem with four days off is that you don't want to go back when it's over. I am not one for sleeping in, except when I can't. I realized this morning that I really enjoyed those days of sleeping in...even if it was only until 8AM.

I had a panic last night as I realized that I had not properly submitted my entry in the fair wine competition. To be included in the label contest, I had to include an empty bottle with the label. That meant I had to produce one quickly and get it to the fair with about one and a half hours to go until the 8:00PM deadline.

The production part went smoothly and I had 45 minutes to get there. As soon as I got on the freeway, the traffic was down to one lane for midnight construction. I took the next exit and started weaving my way towards the fairgrounds. I got to the turn I wanted and the bridge was closed for more construction. I drove on down the road hoping that the short cut I now needed to take would not be blocked by a train, as it often is, and (of course) was.

So now I had to race two miles east, one mile south and two miles back to the west to get to my destination. I made it with 5 minutes to spare. Whew!

The Karma version of this whole event says that I have no chance of a ribbon now.

I'll show off my labels soon but I have to keep it a secret from Susan for now.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Congratulations!! We just got back from the fair and we saw all of your ribbons. Awesome Job!!!