Thursday, September 03, 2009

Mo' Flo' Progress

I did a couple more hours of work last night and continued to chip away at the floor. Literally! I had to use my chisel to remove the remaining boards against the wall. Then I went to work on the hardwood. I have to remove and shorten some of the pieces there so I don't have a hard straight line where I lay the new wood in.We have ordered the tile for the entryway. This was not an easy process. I can't order from their website. Everytime I try to log into their "Live Chat" feature, they are off line. So I called thier Toll Free number. Got a message machine. I called the other Toll Free number, got the same message machine. So I left a message and waited for them to call me on my cell phone.

A couple of hours later, I got a call from a heavily accented woman calling me Mr. Stan. We made the transaction the the tile is ordered.This is a sample of how it will look except that, for some reason, it's coming in as a negative. The colors are much prettier than what this shows. It's got lots of green and yellows and creams.

We should have it in about three weeks. It would have been judicious of us to order it three weeks ago, but that's not how we roll.

No comments: