Sunday, September 06, 2009

Trying to Buy American

I goofed around too much yesterday to get much accomplished on the floor. The picture below shows where I'm at, which is, ready to start placing the floor. This is where I get nervous and start goofing around to put off the craftsmanship part of the project.

I needed a new chisel. I had pretty much beaten the crap out of the cheap "Made in China" chisels I have. I was determined to buy one the says "Made in U.S.A." on the package. That is easier said than done.

I ended up being successful but I didn't get the exact type of chisel I wanted. It's a masonry chisel but it is solid and forged out of American Steel. I worked pretty well.

On a final note, the following video is for anyone contemplating visiting our house late at night without our permission.

No comments: