Tuesday, September 08, 2009

Done!

The nice thing about low resolution jpeg pictures is they don't show the many imperfections in the craftsmanship of the floor shown below. That is what sanding is for. The main thing is that I am done and I did it within the time frame I had pre-assigned to the project.

It all went smoothly and I am mostly pleased with the outcome. It is not level, uniform, even or well crafted but it is in and it is done.

I started the day by going out to the fair grounds to get our Wine Entries checked in. That went very well and I was in and out of there in no time. Susan and I have entered two wines and one beer. One of our wines is a Syrah that is in direct competition with our friend Ellen. She made the exact same kit wine. The only difference is hers has been in the bottle a few months longer than ours. But we bottled back in February so I don't think the two or three months advantage she has will make that big of a difference.

The other interesting aspect to the competition is that they now have a friend competition for best label. I designed the Syrah label for our wine and Susan designed the label for Ellen's wine. The results will be forthcoming.

Now I have one last thing to do for today before we prepare for sanding the floor. I have one little bit of linoleum to remove from the hall closet. It is a small space so I suspect I can have it done by 5:00PM.

It is now 2:10PM.

If I make my goal, I will be soaking in the newly installed hot tub by 6:00PM.

Stand By:

I was in the hot tub by four. Good thing I tried it out before Susan cuz it was waaaaay to hot. It was hard to get in because of the heat and then as I sat there and boiled, drinking a high octane beer, it totally zapped me. I barely have the strength to hit these keys.
We'll try it again tonight after it has had a chance to cool.
I must say that I am happy with the progress we made this weekend and all the activities we managed to fit in. Very busy, very productive, good to be alive!

No comments: