Saturday, November 14, 2009

Lame Snowfall Report

Yesterday's snow fall turned out to be totally unimpressive. I feel embarrassed to have wasted the time here talking about it. It snowed for a couple of hours but never stuck or accumulated to the expected two inches. That is just as well. I still have a few leaves I would like to get cleaned up and it is not helpful when they're covered by snow.

I did notice some whiteness on the south hill as I drove to the bar this morning. There was also some snow on the hills above the valley. A couple of hundred feet makes a big difference.

I worked at the bar today and now I have to get ready to work some benefit thing that I agreed to do with my friend, Mark. I really shouldn't have agreed to do this because after I bar tend for eight hours, my body starts to freeze up and doesn't want to do any more work. All I'm doing is pouring wine so it shouldn't be too bad. Still, I would much prefer to sit here in the house and pour wine...for ME.

I'm getting excited because tomorrow is tile day. Ron is coming at tenish and he fully expects to have the project done by the end of the day. I will of course, have extensive photographic and wordal evidence here.
Later that Night: I returned from the charity event at about 8:30. It went well and I really had very little to do other than stand there and drink beer...really, the perfect kind of charity event for me. The event was to benefit a group called the Olive or the Olive Group or something like that. They help with adoptions and abused kids.
Anyway, I arrived home and decided it was a good night for a stump fire. It was about 17 degrees and I had a good collection of stuff to burn. The debris was cold and frosty and slightly wet so I gave it a little boost with some gasoline. I must have put a little too much on because when I through the match on it, it literally knocked me backwards. There was the initial spark and then a big "Fooom" sound that exploded in front of me. It was really cool!

I really like this picture. You can see heat vapors rising out of the flames. It gives you an indication of how cold it was. In short, a delightful night by the Stump.

2 comments:

Muzzy Boyz said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
My Life as a House said...

My neighbor might disagree with you.