Sunday, November 08, 2009

Rainy Sunday

The forecast called for rain and it didn't disappoint. It rained pretty much all day. It rained in various strength and amounts but it suffices to say that it was wet ot der.

That severely interfered with our plans for yard leaf removal. We were hoping the rain would hold off until late in the day. Nonetheless, we went forth with our plans and were successful in the effort. I made a trip to the dump with a heavily laden pickup truck and I have another load ready to go for the morning on my way to work.

I have wondered this before and will do it again, I'm sure. How much of my dump fee went to pay for water that was in my leaves? The city makes a nice little sum of money on rainy days, I suspect.

The yard is nice and clean and most of the leaves are out of the trees so I think we are done with leaves for the season. I do have a side yard that we didn't get to but the leaves are mostly in what passes for our flower beds so I'm not going to worry too much.

Bring on the Snow! We be ready!

No comments: