Monday, June 27, 2011

Stress Management

I have never been one to enjoy gardening or anything to do with General Outdoor Home Maintenance. I water, I mow. I kill dandelions. I occasionally plant something. Beyond that, no thanks.

But now, at fifty-fishanmoosh, I find I kind of enjoy working in the yard after a day of toil on the job. I toiled this evening.

I got a start on cleaning one of the front yard flower beds. They are atrocious and there is barely a square foot of ground I can touch without hitting a root. If any of the many many many roots that I pulled up, cut, yanked or disemboweled this evening where important, there will be some large dead vegetation in the yard soon.

I also discovered a miracle of nature...a birth, if you will...and I think you will.
This is a picture of a web colony I removed from the front porch railing and placed on the arbor vitae. There are easily hundreds and perhaps thousands of young spider puppies on that web. All the little brown things you see are spider kittens.

Do me a favor and don't mention this to Susan. Not a fan of the spider.

No comments: