Sunday, July 17, 2011

The QVC Anti-Hoarder Help Line...Me

It is the end of a long weekend. We got a lot of stuff done but not much of it was house related.

There is this woman I know. I grew up with her. Our Dad's were Frat Brothers so it seems we have known each other all our lives.  Our families spent time at the lake in the summer and skiing in the winter. For the sake of this narrative, let's call her Marimba.

I don't want to say that Marimba is a hoarder. But she is very close. The fact that she knows she is on the verge of hoarding status is a point in her favor toward overcoming the hoarding.

However, to save time and cut to the point, she's a hoarder. Even worse, she is a hoarder with access to QVC. I don't even want to tell you how many unopened QVC boxes from we came across.

She has asked me to help her move stuff out of her house to a large barn she has on her property. I got started on Saturday. I moved the extraneous contents of her garage into the barn.

Before any moving could take place, there was some cleaning up of the barn to do. It has been sitting vacant for some time and the insulation in the roof was coming down due to a massive infestation of mouses. The mouses have been having quite a time in this barn and the result is mouse turd Armageddon.

With the help of my trusty Phil, we pulled down the insulation and got it packed off to the dump. Here are some pictures.




Mirimba would probably kill me if she knew I had these pictures on the InterWeb. She's very cautious about her privacy. Overly cautious, one might say.

But, you have no idea where this is. Hell, I barely remember!

The rest of the day was spent in relative non-productive lazy time. I ran a few errands and bopped around a bit but I had the truck and didn't feel like driving around in it a lot. It is a pig on gas and it drives like a truck.

No comments: