Sunday, July 10, 2011

Where's George?

For a couple of years now, I have been actively participating in a passive sort of way with a website called Where's George. Every now and then I come across a dollar bill that has the name of the website stamped on the bill. The idea is to go to the website, enter the serial number of the bill and see where it has been and how many people have entered it. I thought it's a fun idea.

Almost every time I have entered a bill, I am the second person to have made an entry. Maybe once or twice I was third but never more than that. I have never come across a bill with a substantial history of any kind.  

I bring this up today because I have a bill to enter.










I will bet big money that I am again, the second guy on the list for this bill. Here I go. Stand by.

Typing - Accessing - Entering - Collating -

I win! Second guy. It started in Hayden Lake 32 days ago. Enough of this B.S. It's time to work.

I have some priming to do on the deck. It's a nice day to be out painting so I am going to get to it. Holy Shit! It's One O'clock already.

It is now approaching 5:30 and I have been priming pieces of wood and Susan has been sanding and plastering. She's a dusty disaster area.

I noticed something while I was outside today.










I planted this raspberry stalk last year and it is going to produce some berries this year.













In fact, it has one ready to go and I'm going to let Susan have it since it is her birthday month.

We had a brief visit from my pal Mike who was on his way up to Priest Lake for their yearly family gathering. He spent last night with us and will be back for another night later this week.

We had a nice discussion on the front porch last night that covered a lot of ground and lasted for about two bottles of wine.

No comments: