Monday, September 26, 2011

Major Halloween Project Progress Report #1

What a productive weekend! A hearty pat on the back to Susan and to myself for our diligence and hard work. Wow! We are amazing!

With the pep talk out of the way, let's have a few details to end the self congratulations and let the facts do the writing.

Saturday was hot hot hot. I think we broke a record for the high temperature. It was into the 90's. That's nearly unheard of in Spokane in late September when Fall has just arrived. Activities were packed with me selling coffee at the Farmers Market and then helping my friend Gale with her organizational issues. That pretty much took me all day. Susan had to prepare food for the church potluck the next day and then had to work her catering job until almost tomorrow.

After church on Sunday is when we really went into gear. Susan was mudding, sanding and removing wall paper. I was outside with the Major Halloween Project. While the previous day had been record hot, yesterday was gale-force winds and dust in every crevasse. Plus a little bit o rain. But, I made good progress and solved a couple of problems I was having.

Okay, let's just get into it.

If one was to "Google" Axworthy Flying Ghost, one would come upon the Major Halloween Project to which I am currently undertaking. It is quite an elaborate display involving the basic chair lift concept. You hang a very light weight ghost form the chair lift cable and it flies around your yard. That is the hope anyway. I still have some tweaking to do.

Here is a short video to show where we are at.
Don't make fun of my ghosts. One is a styrofoam skull head that hopefully will become a more elaborate ghost. The other is a napkin. A test ghost. You're looking at a prototype that is still in its infancy.

So there you go! Halloween is 35 days away and I still have a lot of work to do.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think that would better read, "to which I am currently undertaker." I mean it is halloween, plus it just sounds better. Your pal, avid follower, and sometimes editor,
-M