Thursday, March 01, 2012

In Like a Little Lion

The massive snow storm that has been forecasted for the last couple of days never turned into anything to get excited about. I think they got some great snow in the mountains. Mt Spokane got a foot and Schweitzer got 18 inches. But nothing ever stuck very long down here in the low lands. The snow expected for today just never really happened.


We have some people coming in to the house for estimates on a couple of future projects. One project is to get a decent rain gutter across the front of the house. I'm hoping to spend less than $500.00 on this project...which seems like a lot to me for something like rain gutters.


The Home Depot rain gutters I put up last summer did not work because the roof is not built in such a way as to accommodate them. The facia is too far back from the edge of the roof.  The runoff would fall right over the gutters.


Anyway, Susan insisted that the house needed to be cleaned up and frankly, I agreed with her. We've really let it go due to all the plastering and sandering.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wish I were there to help you solve the gutter problem for cheap. I wonder about the feasibility of home-fabricating some sort of brackets that could support a gutter.