Thursday, March 08, 2012

No Agenda

I'm not sure why I'm writing today. I think it will come to me but right now I don't have an agenda, an direction or an subject...just poor syntax. In any event, it is clear to me from this opening paragram that this is going to be my Best Post Ever. So let's begin.

Not much work has been going on at the house over the last few days as we have been steeped in concentration over my birthday, which was yesterday.

Susan showered me with gifts all week. On the first day of my birthday week she gave me a version of Freecell on the new Macbook. Freecell is my favorite computer game and Susan is becoming a fan as well.

On the second day of my birthday week, I got a pair of movie tickets.

On the third day of my birthday week, I got a gift certificate to replace my windshield. It has a big crack in it but nothing that's really blocking my view. It'll be nice to get that fixed but I'm going to wait until after the spring gravel season.

The fourth day of my birthday week, I received a gift certificate to my favorite store, Jim's Home Brew.

On the fifth day of my birthday week, my true love gave to me...
I can't remember. I'll figure it out.

On the sixth day of my birthday week I was invited to join Susan at the Hercules Inn in Wallace, Idaho.

On my birthday, I received tickets to see comedian Adam Carolla this weekend. I also got a bottle a wine, which we drank, and a wonderful dinner.

I'm 55 now and it is time I grow up and take on some responsibility. But probably not.

I have an App on my iPod called the Death Clock. You answer a bunch of questions about yourself and then it calculates how much longer you have to live. As of today, I have until age 74. The actual countdown I have available to me as I write this is 18 years, 11 months, 28 days, 23 hours and 54 minutes. Oops! Make that 53 minutes.

You know, if I make to 74, I think that's a pretty good run. I'll be happy with that!

In the meantime, I have to start planning. How much beer could I drink between then and now?

No comments: