Sunday, March 04, 2012

Is it Summer?

It has been a busy and productive weekend around here. We both worked on our separate projects and we both made great progress.

Susan was busy painting everything in the back hallway needed to be painted. I think she is just about ready to start the wall papering. One other project I have to get going on is the mirror we took out of the hallway. The frame needs to be stripped and then re-painted. Susan will be wanting that mirror up when she's done with the wall paper.

While she was stuck inside, I was out and about and all around the yard. My main focus was to continue with the stripping of the trim. But in between waiting for the stripper to do its work, I bounced around the yard and did a few things there.

I raked up some leaves. I fertilized the hot tub with it's assorted chemicals. I got out the leaf blower and gave the deck a nice blow job. I fed some squirrels. I trimmed the grape vines. And I stripped and scraped.

It was a beautiful day where I saw the temperature at the house get up to 64 degrees, maybe even a few degrees higher. The record for this day was 63 degrees, set back in 1987. I don't know if we reached it or beat it, but it was a nice day to be out.

I got a few shot of the house along with some squirrel pictures.

Here is my large clamp that I got for Christmas being used for the first time. It did what it is supposed to do and made my work a little easier.
I have only one more board to strip. That's it on the left of all those other boards. I have stripped a total of ten boards, plus the three I have already re-installed around the dining room door.

It's a hell of a lot of work and now I understand why those strippers are always so tired.

No comments: