Monday, January 07, 2013

Snow Day

We awoke to a load of snow on the ground. I estimate five inches fell at our house. I got up and got to work.

My neighbor Lou was moments ahead of me when I fired up the snow blower at about 6:30AM. He was half way down the sidewalk on his side of Wall Street with his snow blower when I lumbered onto my driveway and began conducting a symphony of snow throwing with notes of the heavy snow flying this way and that.


I have a lot of ground to cover and I was out there for about an hour. I didn't get to everything that I wanted to but I knew I would be back that evening to clean up and touch up.

I ended up being about a half hour late to work. The drive was pretty smooth considering the amount of snow that fell and the number of idiots that are out there in my way. I traveled out to Liberty Lake at about 50 miles per hour on the freeway. When the speed limit allowed me to increase to 70, my speed fell to 40.

Idiots!

No comments: