Sunday, March 31, 2013

He is Risen

The Easter weekend has come to an end and it is worth commenting on here. It was quite active and we got nothing done.
The weather was fabulous all weekend. It's our first taste of Spring that gave an inkling of Summer to come. I spent most of my day working in the yard. I have a lot of branch clean up to do, left over from last Fall.
This is one of the areas I need to devote some time to. Thankfully, this lattice shields the ugliness behind.
This is the ugliness behind. I cannot even tell you how this got so bad. It just did!

While I was back in this little cubby hole surveying the damage, I noticed something much worse in the potential department.
We might have a skunk again. I did see one the other night...in fact, the night before I discovered this digging. I'm going to be setting a trap soon. If I catch it, I'm going to cover the hole and then release it. I don't have time to transport it out to my favorite skunk transfer spot.

Susan has been working on Easter Projects all week. She was in charge of snack food after the Easter Service at church and she always goes overboard. 

She spent most every night this past week creating these eggs. She blew out the innards and dyed them and them meticulously decorated them. She easily spent a total of an hour per egg.
The other big overboard item she came up with is her traditional Bunny Cake. It seems to me she makes one every year. The picture below is one she made for Easter in 2002. That might actually be the first one she made.
Anyway, I dispense that information only to say that I did not get a picture of this years Bunny Cake. But you get the idea.

I could have gotten a picture of this years Bunny Cake...before I dropped it on its way to the car. 

I was carrying it carefully down the steps when I missed a step and went to the pavement. I scraped a hole in my slacks and smeared chocolate all over the sleeve of my camel hair sport coat. The bow tie took the brunt of the damage. 

One can imagine Susan's reaction to the news that her cake was now on the sidewalk. "What!" she exclaimed in a very loud, very high pitched banshee wail.

I was clearly very apologetic and very upset at pulling such a lame and stupid move, so her anger subsided quickly and she went to work fixing the damage. I don't think anyone ate any gravel that day...but I can't be 100 percent sure.

We spent the next couple of hours helping out with Meals on Wheels. Our church and another partnered to cook and deliver an Easter Meal, which they don't normally do. We put out and delivered over 300 meals.

We finished up the day with a group from church at Das Stein Haus. We watched the Louisville Basketball Game where Kevin Ware totally broke his tibia in two. We were all busy chatting so had no idea it had happened. I still haven't seen the replay and don't really care to. I'm sure it will go down in the annals of television sports history as one of the worst documented injuries on film. 

But we had some beers and some food.

No comments: