Saturday, March 02, 2013

Lazy Multi-Tasking Saturday

We are fresh out of the hot tub after a semi productive day working in and around the house. 

Our semi productive day began with sleeping in until 9:45. That was sweet! Then we had to dodge our local representative of Jehovah who stopped by to witness to us, as he does every few weeks. That occurred in the middle of a stunning scrambled egg breakfast.

Most of the morning was spent preparing for the Living Room work. We bought a new big sheet of plastic to put up between the Dining Room and Living Room. A mostly futile attempt to contain the dust from the drywall sanding.

While Susan was at the store getting the plastic and other stuff, I did a little yard clean up...not much. Just enough to fill the garbage can with leaves.

I had to leave at 1:00 to go to my piano lesson. Yup, you read right. I've started taking piano lessons. I wanted to play the piano more and this seemed to be the only way to make it happen. Problem is, I've got a ton of bad habits to unlearn.

I never really learned to sight read. I just practiced a bar until I got it memorized and then went on. Now I'm trying to play without looking at the keys. That means I can't play any of the songs I've known by memory for years. I have to look at the keys in order to play them. This is going to be tough.

I got back about 3 and got changed and got to work being helpful. Susan had already gotten a lot of the sanding done. It created quite a mess. I kept sanding while she began re-mudding. She's much better at it than I am.

While working, we listened to the last regular season game for the Gonzaga Bulldogs. They handily won against Portland and ended their season with a record of 27-2. It is very possible that they will be ranked Number One nationally on Monday. All the cards have fallen into place for this potential ranking.

So we spent a few hours on the Living Room and are not at all happy with the results. It's going to take a lot of meticulous work to get us satisfied with a nice smooth ceiling.

So we quit working around five and got in the hot tub. Ahhhh! That feels nice.

Susan had fired up the Crock Pot at the beginning of the day and her efforts yielded a tasty chili. We both had two bowls.

The Washington State B High School Basketball Championship was scheduled to start at 9. Defending Champion Colfax was going up against the St. George's Dragons. I am a graduate of that fine institution and felt compelled to see the game. we considered going down to the Arena to watch but opted for better seats at the Hub.

St George's won their first State Championship! Pretty cool!

We walked home from the Hub as the clock approached 11:00. We tried to watch SNL but I faded quickly.

I should add that I received my Business License from the State.  I think I filed back in November. Jeez, what a night mare to become legit. That's right! We're going to start selling pot!

No, I got a business license in order to properly operate my business of Susan and I painting windows for businesses.

Norman continues to swim with the fishes, he just does it upside down most of the time.

No comments: