Saturday, August 24, 2013

Accomplications

We accomplish stuff, but usually with complications. So I have coined a new word. Call Meriam-Webster!

We started the day with a stroll down the block to investigate an Estate Sale at the home of our neighbors Ed and Sally. They own one of the largest houses on the park and have recently been forced to move to a care facility. Sally has been declining a lot over the past couple of years and that huge house just became too much for Ed by himself. So they are selling their stuff and eventually, selling the house.

Susan and I have wanted to get in it for as long as we've lived here and it was worth the wait. It is a fabulous house with some beautiful touches to it.
This stained glass on the main staircase has intrigued us for years. We first noticed it walking down the alley years ago. It is even more fabulous from the inside.
Another nice touch it has is this relief design in the ceiling of the living room. I've never seen that before.

We got out and returned home for a day of toil. One of my main goals was to get the power line re-attached to the Carriage House. With the expert guidance of my pal Jerry, it took just a couple of hours.

With power back in the carriage House, I went to the Living Room to sand. Here are some pictures of the area I sanded.


I have removed the rest of the mantle but have to work on this portion in place.

I also got some wood puttying done on some other pieces I'm working on and I transferred a batch of homebrew into its secondary fermenter.
Our neighbors Lou and Tammy have been getting their paint on and after several weeks of prep work, started painting their house today.




No comments: