Friday, August 23, 2013

Friday Agenda

I am writing this post from the front porch. I have taken the afternoon off and have a few items on the agenda for the afternoon. 

Among them, a visit from an Arborist who is going to inspect the tree in the back and give me an estimate to take it down. I'm also going to get an estimate to give it a trim.

More importantly, there is an Estate Sale going on down the street in a house we have been dying to get into. The old couple that owns the house, Ed & Sally have moved to a care facility and are now selling the contents of their house to raise some cash. Since they are no longer in the house, it is the sensible thing to do.

They have been antique dealers for years and the house is rumored to be FULL of great stuff. The house itself is something I really want to see. Susan got in there this morning and told me it's amazing.

I am waiting now for the Arbor Guy but if he doesn't show up soon, I'm going to leave him a note directing him the the correct tree and have him call me later with the estimate.

The Arbor Guy is here. Back later!

1:28PM: The Arborist is telling me $1,200.00 to remove that tree. I'm going for a second opinion.

We have managed to do work on the house every night this week. One night it was just browsing on line looking at tile and drawer hardware, but that counts.

We ended the night with a lovely pit fire. And then, off to bed.

No comments: