Sunday, September 25, 2016

Another Visit with Captain Dumbass-Home Repair

After I finished all the jobs I was doing in the bathroom, I turned my attention to the kitchen sink. The faucet has an intermittent leak that we find most annoying.

We bought a very high end faucet a couple of years ago from a kitchen showroom our friend Mark works at. We paid 50 bucks for this Kohler Kitchen Sink faucet. It's easily $350 or more retail. But it had a problem. It was missing a clip and an O ring. Without it, the faucet was useless. 

I went back to the showroom a couple of weeks ago and they got Kohler to send a whole new hose assembly. It's a major part of the guts of the thing.

The installation was difficult and I don't think it went very well. But, I took the faucet into the bathroom and hooked it up to the connections for the bathtub and got it to work properly.

So I went about the task of removing the kitchen faucet. It involved removing all the crap under the sink and disconnecting all the hoses and connections from the old faucet.

I had to go out and buy new valves for the pipes. When I finally got everything hooked up and turned on, I got nothing from the faucet.

I checked it nine ways to Sunday and nothing I did made it work.

By then, it was late so I called it a night and pledged to pick up where I left off in the morning.

Susan is not a big fan of the new faucet because it is so big so we decided to put the old leaky faucet back.

However, this project was overseen by Capt. Dumbshit who lost two very important parts of the sink within the span of overnight.

We therefore decided to go to the General Store and buy the cheapest kitchen faucet they had and go with that for now.

So that is where we are at this point.

In the bathroom, I got the trim for the door and window up.
Next, I get to finish the baseboard and the wainscoting cap.

No comments: