Wednesday, September 28, 2016

More Grape Talk

We did some more work on the wine tonight. I pulled the mesh bad out of the must and let it continue to drain. We managed to get about 1 1/2 gallons of juice.

I'm going to go by Jim's Home Brew today and get some yeast and see if there is some sort of container I can get to use as a fermenter for this juice.

I may have to add some grape juice to this to bring it up to an even two gallons. The only problem will be that it will become too grapey. Too Concord Grapey. 

There is some activity going on in the neighborhood from Washington Water Power (Avista), our local utility. Apparently, they are switching out the old Mercury Vapor street lights to new high tech L.E.D. lights. I've been hearing complaints since they started installing these lights that they are waaaaaay too bright.

I haven't had a problem with them so far but I haven't been able to compare them to the light we have next to the house.

It also looks like they are going to replace the power pole in the alley. I've noticed all this painting on the alley pavement that looks like a prelude to replacement.

No comments: