Thursday, December 06, 2007

Victory Over Skywalks

We have reached our goal. The goal was to finish all the skywalks without dying. We are done...and we are not dead.
I find however, that I am a bit sad. It seems to me that I am just starting to hit my stride as far as painting these scenes go. The early ones were stiff and distorted. Last nights images went up smoothly and I really enjoyed the process and the results.
Here are the results.

It takes Susan about five minutes per snowflake, depending on how much detail she puts in. She has various styles of flakes that are all classified in her head. Cobweb, Outside Oval, and my favorite, the Offset Axis.




I did several of these rustic cabin landscape scenes but this one is one of my best. I managed to combine the rustic cabin with my pastoral Snow Framed River scene. I added the water wheel and turned the cabin into a Mill. I especially like the tree.







This is the first of my Sleigh Ride scenes were I included a woman sitting next to the man. You can see her head and bonnet next to the guys head. I have never been very good with female characters and so I have been reluctant to paint them. But, because I'm now hitting my stride, I decided to go for it. I may even ask her out. Don't tell Susan!




I am also not very good with animals but again, I am getting better. I really need to be drawing more and working on the house less. Yeah, like that's gonna happen
Anyway, here is a stag mixed into a lovely tree landscape. I think his snout is a little out of proportion. Fortunately, you don't have to be exact in this process. Once you put the antlers on his head, it becomes clear what it's supposed
to be. At least to me.






Susan was a little miffed at me because I took up some of her space with my ski pole. I HAD to do it. The scene lost all flow without it.
Again, this is one of my better depictions of skiers. It's clean, simple and it's clear what is.
Finally, I went with some Politically Incorrect humor with a Snow Hunter and Bear. I don't think anybody will have a problem with it but one never knows. It might scare little kids.

So, another season of window painting is behind us. We did end up getting another job which I'm going to start on tonight. It's a Wine Shop downtown and it won't take very long for us to get it done.

After that, I have some friends houses I'm going to do and then we will be able to get back to the house, and the bathroom. Remeber the bathroom?

No comments: