Wednesday, June 30, 2010

A Huge Injustice

We are PISSED!

A couple of years ago there was a story in the local newspaper about a couple of guys who had purchased an old house that had been turned into apartments. The story was about their journey to restore this beautiful old house called the Muzzy Mansion. I could give you all kinds of history about the house but they have a website that does it much better than I ever could. Visit www.muzzymansion.com to see the real deal.

Mike and Steven are great guys doing an extraordinary job of restoration. And they are Media Whores. I have told them as much and they know that it is out of jealousy that I castigate them so. Even more impressive is the hours of research they have done on their house. It has been very inspiring to Susan and I and gives us perseverance to keep going with our research...of which we have barely scratched the surface.

We ended up meeting them because of the article but they have become friends and we've really enjoyed watching their progress.

Last year they decided to try to make a modest living that will help keep them in the house by turning it into a Bed and Breakfast. They have jumped through a shit load of hoops to make the B&B work but this chicken shit piece of crap city government comes up with one new obstacle after another. I am amazed anyone is able to do business in this city.

Tonight, we received an e-mail that Mike and Steven sent en-mass chronicling their struggle in which they announced that they are throwing in the towel. They are putting the house on the market at a substantially reduced price and if they can't sell by the end of July, they might just walk away.

Congratulations Spokane! You've made the city safe from another potentially profitable business that could pay taxes.

I am so incensed over this that I can hardly stand it. You may think that we work hard on this place but trust me, we are amateurs compared to the work and research that these guys do. It pisses me off soooooo much that the city should make it so difficult for two hard working decent human persons who are really dedicated to a proper restoration to try and make a little money in order to continue to live in the house they care so much about that I write run on sentences that seem to have no end or congruent subject matter any longer.

Best of Luck to you, Mike and Steven. I'm looking forward to the final party with tears streaming down my face.

No comments: